Most users choose flax seed oil to get their Omega-3s without taking in an animal source, I can understand that; however, I am not so keen on it for a few reasons.
1. According to the late Dr. Guéniot, MD, if you are already insulin resistant, you will have a hard time getting the Omega-3 benefits from it, as the conversion of ALA to EPA and DHA is poor in pre diabetics.
2. It has a high phytoestrogen content which can exacerbate certain conditions like fibroids. We are already swimming in a sea of estrogens as Dr. Rakowski points out, why make it worse?
3. It is goitrogenic, so if your thyroid is already slow, stay away from it.
4. It has poor shelf life, most brands are rancid by the time you get it. The oil in flax is highly unsaturated, hence the high probability of going rancid.
5. It stays stable in the fridge once you have opened it for you
6. Men should avoid it. A meta-analysis published in October 2004 in Nutrition Journal, mentioned nine studies who pointed the finger to the ALA in flax seed has a risk factor for developing prostate cancer.
I am all for fresh ground flax seeds. The oil? Not so much
Read more: http://www.strengths.../#ixzz3DDXi7eTs
Co Wy na to? Olej lniany nie ma mężczyzn??